QURI is currently hiring for the following positions:
Technical Product Manager
Full Stack Software Engineer
Programming Language Engineer
If you’re interested in any of these positions, please fill out this form.
Working at QURI
- Our work has a much stronger emphasis on probability, numeric computing, and programming languages, than other similar organizations.
- We’re working on a unique agenda to dramatically improve estimation and evaluation using software.
- Unusually honest and transparent. We have internal and external lists of the comparative values of our work, and we plan to go much more in this direction in the future. Many of our projects are about evaluating external groups, so it seems fair that we go overboard with this internally.
- Build ambitious epistemic tooling.
- Help improve the decision-making of key effective altruist & philanthropic organizations.
- Work with intelligent people who are passionate about the above points.
- Get ownership over sizeable projects.
- It’s still a very small organization. Few colleagues or established policies.
- Pay is less than top tech companies, especially because there are no stock options (QURI is a nonprofit).
- The work can be fairly specialized. You might learn much about probability and forecasting, but not about AI risk or other areas.